Betway has risen among the multitude of online gambling platforms to establish themselves as one of the most reputable brands in the business. In this review, we will give you a detailed step-by-step guide on how to get an account registered with Betway. Our review will further give you the details of how to get your new account verified to unlock the account’s full features.
How to Complete the Registration Process of Betway
The first step into the Betway online gaming and betting adventure is the registration and account opening. Their account registration form has been simplified to only a few steps, in which you will be providing the relevant account information.
- Step 1: Launch the Betway website on your PC browser using the link www.betway.com.
- Step 2: Scroll to the top right corner where you will see the login options. Since your intention is to create a new account, click the ‘Register’ link placed below the ‘Username’ tab.
- Step 3: The first page of the account registration form is where you will provide basic account information, including your Username, Password and Email address. Click the ‘Next’ button to save your details and move to the next step.
- Step 4: The second page requires you to provide some personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and country of residence. Click ‘Next’ to save and proceed.
- Step 5: In this third and last page, you will provide basic contact information such as your Address, Phone Number, City and Postal Address. This is a section where you will also get to set the various parameters of how your account should run, such as deposit limits, preferred language and currency of choice.
- Step 6: Lastly, you will be prompted to confirm how you would like to receive Betway notifications and newsletters, which can be via SMS, email or post. Once you have selected the mode of communication, click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions, then ‘Submit’ your details.
How to sign up at Betway through the mobile app?
In keeping up with current market trends, Betway has developed a mobile gaming option. Actually, Betway features two mobile gaming options which involve either downloading their mobile app or using the browser-based mobile site. Both platforms have been designed to parallel the quality of service offered at the desktop site. This means that you can actually register as a new player from either of these mobile options similarly as you would on the desktop site. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to get through the Betway mobile registration process.
- Step 1: Open the Betway mobile app or mobile website on your phone.
- Step 2: From the homepage, click the ‘Sign Up’ button at the top right corner.
- Step 3: You will be prompted to provide some standard personal information in a format similar to that of the desktop site that we have described above. Such information includes your first and last name, your email address, city, country, postal address and code and mobile phone number. You will also be required to select your preferred currency. At this section, you will also notice a space highlighted as ‘Promotional Code’. This is where you can type in any bonus codes you might have in order to have them activated for your new account.
- Step 4: The last step is to confirm the details you have typed in are correct then click the green ‘Register’ button. Your Betway account will now be up and ready for you to start playing.
What to know from the T&Cs of the bookmaker
Betway has laid out a set of rules that govern how you can interact with their platform. These set of terms and conditions are also meant to ensure that Betway operates within the legal framework of the countries they are licensed in.
- Verification policy: under this policy, Betway has the right to demand you provide proof that the registration details you provided are factual. In the next section of this review, we have broken down this very integral process of getting your account verified.
- Single account policy: Betway’s terms and conditions dictate that each player can only register one account.
- Inactive accounts policy: under this policy, any account that remains inactive for 12 months will get charged a monthly fee of 5 GBP. Inactivity basically means you not login into the account for more than a year.
- Withdrawal policy: this is one of the most important of all T&Cs as it dictates that Betway has to comply with the rules laid down by the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering. Such rules might see your withdrawal pending processing for up to 72 hours, to allow for the various checks to be conducted.
The above are just a highlight of the various rules applicable to all players on the Betway platform. For a more detailed breakdown of the site’s terms and conditions, including rules on promotions and bonuses, it is advisable you take some time to visit their terms and conditions through the link placed at the bottom of the home page.
What welcome bonus is available from Betway after registration?
It is now common practice to find online bookies with low hanging fruits for their new sign-ups. So what exactly will you be getting for registering at Betway? Betway offers you not just one, but actually, two welcome bonus packages. You can choose to go for the sportsbook option or get the casino welcome bonus. This bonus will be credited to your account as free bets that can be used in the various Betway sports betting markets.
Alternatively, as a new player, you can opt for the casino option, which has a higher payout.
What deposits and withdrawals are accepted?
As you start exploring the betting markets available at the Betway platform, you will soon find the need to load some real cash into your account. Betway has come up with a cashier section that caters to a global audience. Here you will be able to move your gaming cash with much ease, thanks to the myriad payment options available.
|Payment Method||Deposit Minimum||Deposit Maximum||Time for Deposit|
|Payment Method||Withdrawal Minimum||Withdrawal Maximum||Time for Withdrawal|
|Rapid Transfer||£10||£500,000||1-3 days|
|Trustly||£10||£500,000||Within 7 days|
|Paysafe Card||£10||£500,000||Within 7 days|
|Entropay||£10||£500,000||Within 7 days|
Betway Verification – How to confirm your account?
As mentioned earlier on, Betway will need you to verify the information you provided them for your account. Account verification is an industry-wide practise that is meant to ensure bookies and players adhere to gambling laws. Additionally, it is used as some sort of KYC by bookies on their players.
Age: Betway requires you to provide proof of your identity and age. This bit helps them ensure they operate within legal age limits of your country of residence. For this verification bit, you should submit:
- Copy of identification document bearing your photo, which can be your driver’s license or passport
- Copy of your bank or card statement that is no older than 3 months
Address: Betway will need proof that your country and city of residence is as what you typed in during registration. To verify your address, you must submit:
- Copy of a utility bill bearing your address and not older than 3 months. For this, you can use your usual electricity or water bill.
Betway Account Options
Betway has designed its customer account with various features that give you control of your account. The features you will find most important as a player here include:
From your account login options, you will have the capability to reset your password just in case you forgot it. To go about this, simply click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link placed below the login tabs. This will trigger an automated mail with a link to reset your password. This option will be available for players using both the desktop and mobile platforms.
Having earlier mentioned the terms regarding having a dormant Betway account, you could be wondering what would be the scenario if one wanted to exit the bookie permanently. Rather than leaving your account dormant, you are required to notify the Betway support team via email of your wish to close the account. Your email should contain the subject ‘Request to Delete Account’. Once received, the support team will contact you to facilitate the request.
Under their responsible gaming policy, Betway allows you also to stay away from betting by temporarily suspending your account. The process to initiate this temporary exclusion is the same as that of requesting a permanent closure whereby you are needed to send an email to the support team. In this email, you should ensure to mention your closure period. However, it is essential to note that after the lapse of the temporary exclusion period, the account is not automatically reactivated until you make the request with the support team.
On some occasions, a gamer’s account can be slapped with certain limitations. These blockers will usually be implemented if you are found to be in contravention of Betway’s terms and conditions such as single account policy, non-verified accounts or misuse of bonuses. Generally, any activity that goes against the Betway terms and conditions could result in the suspension of your account.
Can I use my Betway account when I am abroad?
This is a challenge usually faced by punters who travel a lot. Luckily, Betway has a global footprint, serving customers in nearly every continent, making it possible for players in more than two dozen countries to access and use this bookie. It is essential to take note that in some of these countries, Betway uses different URLs. For example, the URL for Belgium players will be www.betway.be while that for players in the UK will be www.betway.com.
But still, there is a long list of about 50 countries where access to Betway is restricted. These include:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United States
How to get help for my account at Betway?
Should you face any challenges while using your Betway gaming account, you have the option to reach their customer support team through various channels as listed below:
What betting options and features are available?
Having seen the various ways of creating your Betway account, what exactly is in store for you here as an avid gamer? Betway has developed an all-inclusive online betting platform that features more than two dozen sports categories, an online casino with thousands of virtual casino games, a live casino where you interact with live dealers and even an e-sports section where you can bet on the trendiest cyber games. Interestingly, all these betting markets come fully packed with extra features such as in-play betting, early cash outs and even live streaming of matches.
If I already have an account with Betway, can I register another new account from the mobile app?
No, you can only operate one account across both platforms.
Will I be charged by Betway register new account?
No, to register a new Betway account is absolutely free.
For how long can I temporarily suspend my account?
You can temporarily shut down your account for any preferred duration of time, provided you notify the support team.
I have used the ‘Forgot Password’ link, but I am still unable to reset the password to my Betway account. How can I resolve this?
If after clicking the password reset link you do not get an email prompt, it is advisable to contact the support team to assist with resetting the account.
After registering my account, can I immediately proceed and make a deposit?
Yes, you can make a deposit immediately your account is registered on Betway.
What bonus code should I use when registering to get the Betway welcome bonus?
Claiming the welcome offers does not require you to have any codes. You simply need to opt-in during the registration process.
I get a notification that my account has been suspended whenever I try login in. What should I do?
For such occurrences, you must get in touch with the customer support team for them to address the issue and assist.
After submitting my verification documents, how long does it take for the Betway team to give feedback?
Usually, Betway gives you feedback on your verification status within 48 hours.