Cryptocurrency payments are taking off, which led to their addition as a payment option in the online casino websites. There are even full crypto casinos that only accept cryptocurrency payments. Here is where you can play on your favourite casino games while paying with bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum, or a different digital currency.
What are crypto casinos?
Online casinos that offer a way of paying via cryptocurrencies can be some of the standard brands that you know. It’s just that one of the options they offer is a way to deposit and withdrawal using cryptocurrencies. However, you can come across casinos on the internet that only accept cryptocurrency payments. Most of them accept bitcoin, but there are other places where you can play using different currencies.
The crypto casinos themselves are no different than the regular ones, at least in terms of the games they offer. All slots and live dealer casino games are provided by the same casino software suppliers that also offer their services on other websites. The difference here is that these casinos only accept bets done with a cryptocurrency. There is no difference in terms of what games you get.
Crypto casinos also tend to have solid bonus offers. They resemble those that you can find in the standard casino websites. There are also some websites that allow all kinds of payment options, but they also have exclusive bonuses for deposits done via a cryptocurrency.
Another advantage of the crypto casinos is that their websites have a mobile version or a mobile app. In the best-case scenario, users will have both options. However, everything there is the same, so keep that in mind.
The most popular cryptocurrencies used for placing bets in these casinos
As the blockchain technology continues to develop and cryptocurrencies become more widespread, there will be more currencies that will be accepted by the casinos. However, there are some that are really common nowadays. Here there are:
- Bitcoin - this is the most popular cryptocurrency that’s world-famous. It’s accepted by many casinos and game betting websites, and it’s also preferred by players. By using it, they get an extra layer of protection. Apart from that, Bitcoin is also a decentralized currency, which means that you have full control of it all the time.
- Ethereum - this is considered to be the second-strongest cryptocurrency after Bitcoin. This currency made the creation of blockchain technology a lot easier, which boosted the popularity of Ethereum as one of the most popular digital currencies. It’s no wonder that many casinos accept it as a payment option.
- Litecoin - even though this currency looks a lot like Bitcoin, it has its unique characteristics. Payments done with it are fast and secure, and players can keep their right to be anonymous.
- Monero - many players tend to use precisely this cryptocurrency in order to make anonymous and secure transactions to the casino they’ve chosen. It’s these two attributes that make it so popular and used by players. However, it’s important that the casino that you like also allows you to use it as a deposit and withdrawal option.
- Ripple - this is a cryptocurrency and also a platform where you can exchange currencies. By using this digital currency, you can have high deposit and withdrawal limits in the online casinos while also simultaneously offering a lot faster transactions than some other digital currencies.
Is it allowed to bet using different currencies?
The online casino websites have the opportunity to choose whether or not to integrate a platform that allows transactions just with cryptocurrencies or with other options as well. Most casinos offer other deposit and withdrawal methods, apart from cryptocurrencies. There, you can bet using different currencies, but let’s not forget that there are websites that are created specifically designed for crypto payments.
With crypto casinos, you won’t be able to bet in a different currency apart from the digital ones that are accepted. Those types of casino websites are created so that they can make anonymous transactions using cryptocurrencies. This is something that some players like, which is why these casinos can be very convenient for their needs.
At the end of the day, every user can determine for himself whether he wants to bet with cryptocurrencies in crypto-based casinos, or he prefers to choose a website that also accepts other currencies.
Advantages and disadvantages of online crypto casinos
Placing bets in online casinos using cryptocurrencies has both advantages and disadvantages, so let’s consider the main ones:
- Crypto casinos offer the chance of making anonymous payments
- Your winnings can increase automatically if the price of the cryptocurrency continues to grow
- Deposits done with cryptocurrencies are instant
- Winnings made via cryptocurrencies are paid out in a very short time
- Any potential fees for payments done via a cryptocurrency are lower
- If the cryptocurrencies lose their value, the crypto-based casinos will most likely disappear
- If they lose their value, standard casinos might not accept them as a payment option
- You might come across a fake casino that offers cryptocurrency payments
What type of games can you find in cryptocurrency betting casinos?
You won’t find any difference in terms of the available that you can come across in a crypto casino in comparison to what you’d find in a standard one. The options are the same, so it all depends on the providers that the casino partners with because it has to implement their games on the website.
The main types of games in the crypto casinos are slots and live casino games with real dealers. This means that they are by no means inferior to regular casino sites in terms of the variety of games.
Which are the best crypto casinos?
You can take a look at our ranking, where we’ve included online casino websites that accept payments done via cryptocurrencies and see which ones are the best.
Are the crypto casinos secure?
In terms the payment security, the crypto casinos are one of the most secures ones. However, if we take a look at the safeness of the digital currencies themselves, the crypto casinos are as safe as the currencies will be over time.
Are there any bonuses in the online cryptocurrency casinos?
Yes, the casinos with cryptocurrencies offer bonuses for new registration and for the players who’ve already registered. There are even some casinos that will give you a special gift if you register and make a deposit with a cryptocurrency.