Computer games are no longer only for entertainment because they’ve become an entirely new niche in the sports world. They are now known as electronic sports. Their popularity gave rise to a new breed of online bookmakers that are entirely based on eSports events or offer options to bet on eSports in their sportsbooks. Here are the best ones:
What are eSports bookmakers?
eSports bookmakers operate betting websites that are dedicated entirely to electronic sports. They only offer betting options for eSports tournaments and events.
Apart from the eSports bookmakers, there are also standard betting websites that also have a wide array of electronic sports in their portfolio. This makes them perfect for punters who enjoy wagering on esports and on other sports events. However, the eSports-based bookmakers can still offer a better user experience because they’re focused on just one type of product.
How are eSports bookies different from the standard betting websites?
Bookmakers who focus entirely on eSports have all kinds of events from this industry on their platforms. Some standard online bookmakers have options only for the big tournaments in the world of eSports, whereas that’s definitely not the case with bookmakers that specialize in this niche.
In addition to the large number of events that you can find in these bookies, their platforms also offer features like live streams. They use popular platforms, such as Twitch, where you can find live streams from a given event or tournament. Many eSports betting websites have integrated betting platforms through which you can watch a certain event in real-time and place bets.
While a standard online bookmaker has a list that has multiple different sports that you can bet on, the situation is different when it comes down to eSports bookmakers. Their platforms consist of a large number of electronic games that build the electronic sports industry. There, you have to choose a specific game and then pick an event in order to see the available odds and betting options.
Which are the most popular eSports games?
There are several primary computer games that are at the heart of electronic sports. Undoubtedly, the most famous eSports worth betting on are:
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Of course, if you browse the electronic sports betting websites, you can come across betting options for FIFA, PES, World of Tanks, Call of Duty, Apex Legends, and more.
Can we bet on other sports inside the eSports bookmakers?
There are online betting websites that are based on the idea of betting on electronic sports, but apart from that, they also have a standard sports section. There, customers can find familiar sports, but it’s possible that there are not that many events in comparison to other online operators. Nevertheless, if you’re trying to place bets only on popular sports events, you will be able to find them, as long as the eSports operator offers them.
What should we look for when choosing an eSports bookmaker?
If you want to bet on eSports but you’re unsure which website to choose, we suggest you be on the lookout for:
- Proven brand – it’s important that the esports bookmaker brand you’ve chosen is reputable among players, so it’s a good idea to look for real players’ reviews online.
- Bonuses & promotions – eSports bookmakers tend to have good bonus conditions for their new customers, so check what welcome bonuses and promos does the bookmaker offer.
- Odds – before you sign up, you can take a look at the odds for the same events in the different operators and compare them. If you do this for several electronic sports and events, you will have a good idea of where you can find better odds.
- Betting options – most eSports bookmakers have standard betting options, but who knows, you might end up finding a bookmaker that has more of them.
- Available games – this is a significant part of every bookmaker that offers events from the electronic sports world. This means that the operator covers many tournaments which will allow you to have multiple betting options.
- Convenient payments – look for internationally recognised deposit and withdrawal options.
- Professional support – the level of support of the specific brands is essential. Make sure there are several points of contact.
Why do bookmakers offer bets on electronic sports?
The reason behind this is because eSports have become a big business and is now considered as a separate sport, so it’s perfectly normal for bookmakers to be interested in it. What’s more, there are more and more online betting websites that sponsor specific eSports teams.
Can I watch live eSports matches while I’m betting?
Yes, many of the electronic sports betting websites offer live streams for most of the events that you can bet on.
Can I place live bets on electronic sports?
Yes, e-sports platforms have the option to make real-time bets, and it includes odds and markets that change dynamically as the match unfolds.