Most mobile betting apps have been developed for the Android operating system. Find out which websites have such apps and offer them for free download to their customers.
Show More (56)
What are Android betting apps?
The bookmaker’s mobile betting apps for the Android operating system are basically standard apps for devices that run on this platform. They need to be downloaded and installed, after which you can use them just like any other application.
The goal of the bookmaker’s Android betting apps is to allow the users to have access to everything that the brand has to offer. In most cases, the apps contain every single feature that’s available on the website of the bookmaker. For example, if we take a look at the sports bets and their odds, they are basically identical in terms of what you can find on the desktop platform. Bookmakers have successfully integrated them into their mobile apps.
The sports betting mobile apps and mobile online casinos must be downloaded in the form of an APK file. You can usually find the file on the official site of the bookie. You are probably used to downloading your applications from Android’s official store - Google Play. However, gambling software is prohibited in many countries. That’s why bookmakers usually give you access to the so-called .apk files, which have to be downloaded and installed to get the app. On the other hand, the situation with bookmakers that have iOS applications is a little bit different because the apps can be found in the official App Store. Whichever you choose, you will be happy to know that the operators have tried their best to create a safe and fun mobile betting product.
How to download and install the bookmaker’s .apk files?
In order to use an Android app by a specific bookmaker, you will have first to download it and then install it on your device. There are two ways in which you can do that, one of which is a lot easier. It’s related to the direct installation of the app from the Google Play Store. However, to do that, the app itself has to be available in the store, which is not the case with most bookmakers. The availability of the app also depends on the country that you’re in. For example, in most countries in the EU (as well as others), you can’t access any gambling apps in the Play Store, which means that you have to use the other way of installing them.
When you consider the fact that most bookmakers tend to offer their apps directly on their websites, it’s probably a good idea to know how to install them. If a bookmaker has an Android mobile app, you will see it on its website. Usually, there is a special section that will show you the available apps, as well as a link to download the .apk file. Once you find it, you have to follow these steps:
- Download the Android mobile app of the bookmaker you’ve chosen on your device.
- Once you got the file, click on it to begin the installation process.
- It’s very likely to receive a notification saying that you’re attempting to install a program from unknown sources.
- Open the settings on your device and go to the “Security” menu.
- After that, select the category with the unknown sources and allow your device to install applications not featured on Google Play.
- When you do that, you have to go to the file once again and select it.
- The installation will be over in just a matter of seconds.
- You are now ready to start using your mobile betting app.
It’s very likely that people will stop reading our steps once they reach the one where you have to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources. There is no need to worry about this at all because it is a standard procedure for Android. By default, you’re only allowed to download apps from the official store, but the apps by the bookmakers are really safe and secure. In fact, we even suggest you reverse these settings once you install this app, just in case you’re still worried.
There is one more important thing that we need to mention for the download process of the app. You can download it to your computer and then upload it to your mobile phone. However, it’s easier to open the file directly through your device and download the .apk file. It’s no secret that you can bet via the mobile sites of the bookmakers, but the app is just more convenient.
Keep in mind that the bookmaker’s mobile apps are completely free. Don’t be tempted to download an app if you see that it charges an installation fee.
Are all apps available on Google Play?
The mobile betting and casino apps for Android usually can’t be downloaded from the Google Play Store. That’s due to the fact that Google’s official app store does not allow gambling apps in all countries. Nevertheless, there are some countries in which the Play Store has apps for mobile betting, such as Great Britain, Ireland, and France. That said, there are not that many apps there, so the best chance for users to get the apps is if they download it from the website of the bookmaker.
What is the reason why most bookmakers don't use the Google Play Store?
This is a standard regulation from Google that doesn’t allow gambling apps. One of the reasons is that these apps can be accessed by underaged people, who, despite the fact that they are not allowed to register, will still be able to get the apps if they open an account. In addition to that, the bookmakers have to have a license from the countries where the gambling apps are allowed. Otherwise, their apps won’t show up in the official store.
Google has a strict screening process allowing Android apps to get featured on their Play Store. This procedure can be time-consuming, which is why many bookies decide to promote their apps on their sites, instead.
What are the system requirements for most Android apps?
In most cases, Android mobile apps don’t have high system requirements. Apart from working on all new smartphones and tablets, they are also available to older devices. Many applications work with Android 4.0, but it’s recommended that you use one of the newer versions of the operation system, so that you can avoid any problems with the app. It will work a lot smoother on newer systems.
In terms of using the apps, you will also need to have an internet connection. It’s advisable to either use a stable Wi-Fi network or your 4G connection from the mobile operator. The apps can successfully run over 3G as well, even though it is slower. However, we recommend you to use faster networks, as long as you have access to them.
Advantages and disadvantages of Android apps
After we’ve covered the Android betting apps in details, let’s take a look at their pros and cons:
- They can be downloaded from the bookmaker’s websites
- They are free to use
- They offer fast and easy access to the bookmaker’s features
- They are more convenient to use in comparison to the mobile website versions
- Most of them will send you notifications
- They work well with 4G networks
- Not all apps are available on Google Play
- You have to change the settings on your device to allow it to download apps from unknown sources
- Constant reminders of updates may irritate some players
How to choose a good betting app for Android?
When you’re selecting a betting app, our advice is to take a look at what the bookmaker has to offer. Check all betting websites that have Android apps and get familiar with their bonuses, betting features, and payment methods. Remember to also pay attention to the following aspects concerning the Android apps:
- Reliability and fast loading speeds - a good Android betting app has to work flawlessly and load fast. That’s how you will get quick access to the services and betting options available. Of course, speed is of utmost importance because you don’t want to miss placing a bet because of lags.
- Betting options and casino games - don’t forget to check out the different sports betting opportunities. They have to be the same as the ones you can find on the desktop website. Apart from that, look into the available casino games and decide whether they have what you’re looking for.
- Cash out for sports bets - we’ve come across bookmakers that offer cash out to their customers, but only on their website. Check whether this option is supported on the app, especially if you like to bet on live sports events and use it in your strategies.
- Live Stream - not every bookmaker has a live streaming option for the sports events. However, those that broadcast live videos of the game will do so on their apps as well.
- Easy to use live betting interface - as we know, speed can be crucial when it comes down to live betting. That’s why it’s important for your app to offer an easy and intuitive interface that can enhance user experience. The idea behind mobile bets is to place them using just a few taps of a finger.
- Notification option - these are an integral part of Android apps because they allow you to receive notifications and reminders for certain events. For example, you can receive a notification about a goal that was scored in a match that you can settle using cash-out. This feature can also help you receive a special bonus that’s related to a particular match.
Why are Android apps missing on Google Play?
That’s due to the fact that the Google Play Store does not accept gambling apps. That’s true for most countries, even though there are several exceptions.
How are Android apps better than mobile websites?
The Android betting apps offer you faster, easier and safer betting experience on the go.
Is it safe to download an Android app from the bookmaker websites?
Yes, even though you have to change some settings, you can revert them later. Downloading an app from these bookmakers is totally safe. The apps themselves go through regular checks and updates from the developers, which ensures their high-security levels.