Betting on Cricket may be an easy task for many of you, but if you are a beginner in this sport, you will certainly need a little help. Because of that, we decided to create this guide to find out which are the best bookmakers for cricket betting. Continue to read to find out all you need to know.
Cricket Betting Explained
Cricket is easily one of the world’s most popular sports, with millions tuning in to watch the most popular events each year. The cricket betting seen is rather popular, and the range of markets available to bet on is wide and varied.
Betting on cricket is relatively straightforward as long as you are familiar with the sport. The sections in this cricket betting guide will help you find a reliable bookmaker and provide some more context to help you make smart bets.
Recommended Cricket Betting Websites – Best 5 Bookmakers
Choosing a bookmaker is very individual as there are lots of top bookies options available. Prioritising which features matter most to you will help you select the best online bookmakers for you. For example, you might see a difference in promotional registration offers, a selection of different betting markets, or a variation in odds between each licensed betting site.
The following trusted bookmakers are among the most popular and recommended for cricket betting fans:
- Various betting options
- Live streaming available
- Betting features
- High odds
- Trusted & Secure Online Betting Site
- Competitive Sports Betting Odds and Markets
- Great Range of Casino Games
- Professional Customer Support
- Big range of sport betting options
- High odds
- Casino games
- Poker platform
- Big variety of sports betting options
- Many slot games
- Live casino games with real dealers
- Many payment options
- Trusted Online Betting Website
- Licensed by the UKGC
- Best Sports Betting Features
- High Odds
- The leading cricket betting platform in India
- People who like cricket can access detailed statistics
- Cricket-betting fans can choose from over 100 markets
- 10Cric is mainly popular in India
- Betway offers a bonus for cricket
- You can avail yourself of many markers while betting on cricket
- Tips for betting on cricket
- You may not find so much live cricket evens to punt on
- You can punt on numerous cricket leagues
- There are different features you can use while playing
- Excellent cricket betting odds
- Not that many markets for cricket
- A wide range of cricket events
- There is a live stream
- You can make a deposit using different kinds of payment options
- Melbet usually doesn’t include any bonuses for cricket
- You will always find a cricket match to bet on
- Bet365 has multiple features
- Good odds for betting on cricket
- No many promotions for cricket
What Betting Markets Are Available?
To Win the Match
This is a rather straightforward betting market that any novice cricket bettor can get on. Simply pick which side you think is most likely to win the match. Odds will be weighted depending on the bookmaker’s perceived likelihood of winning.
Test Match End
This betting market is for test match cricket which takes place over several days. You’ll have to be patient if you choose to bet on this market as it’s not one for a quick win.
Draw No Bet
This betting market is very similar to betting on an outright winner for a match but without the option for a draw. In the event of a draw, your wager is returned, and the bet is essentially void.
Handicapped betting attempts to balance out the odds when there is a favourite. This means the favourite must win by a set margin for the bet to win. Handicaps are represented by a + or – followed by a winning margin.
Much like a total goals market in football, the total runs simply ask the bettor to predict how many runs will be scored. This is a good market if you don’t want to predict the winner.
This is similar to total runs but specifically, the runs scored by one team during a particular match session.
Top Team Batsman
This betting market asks the bettor to pick who the top batsman will be in runs for a given team. It’s a fun market to bet on as a spectator and can provide decent odds.
This market exists in virtually every sport imaginable. It’s as simple as it sounds and asks bettors to predict the score. It is a tricky market to do well in, so odds are often favourable.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cricket Betting
Betting on cricket has its pros and cons, and how these affect you personally is very individual. The following point may not resonate with you in the same way it might with a different bettor.
- Advantages of Cricket Betting
- Enjoyment – Betting on cricket can make watching the sport even more entertaining. The risk of betting money with the chance of winning a lot more is exhilarating, especially as you watch the action take place. Betting can turn an otherwise bland affair into an entertaining day of cricket.
- Variety – There are tonnes of different betting markets for cricket bettors. The variety keeps things interesting and allows you to bet on short events or events taking place over a few days. Whenever you’re bored of one market, you can switch things up and bet on another.
- Winning Potential – Each bet you place has the chance to win, which brings its own level of excitement. Whether it’s a small amount or a life-altering sum, winning can be a lot of fun. Backing your favourite team and winning a bet at the same time is a great feeling.
- Disadvantages of Cricket Betting
- Losing Out – Every bet runs the risk of loss which could sour watching a game of cricket. Needless to say, if you don’t have the disposable income to bet, you shouldn’t do it, but if the prospect of losing is going to ruin the experience of watching cricket, maybe you should also reconsider.
- Researching – Betting on any sport requires a fair amount of research if you want to win consistently. There is absolutely nothing wrong with placing a bet just for fun. Still, if you’re going to always turn a profit, a fair amount of research will have to inform your betting decisions.
- Taking Away from the Cricket – If you love your cricket, a bet might be a nice thing on the side to elevate the action. However, for some cricket fans, betting will distract and take away from the action. If you know, you’ll be solely focused on your bets and not enjoying the game as much; betting on cricket may not be for you.
Cricket Betting Tips and Things to Consider
It’s a good idea to keep an eye on the weather forecast if you’re serious about betting on cricket. Understanding how the weather conditions can affect your bet will give you the edge of finding value.
Just like the weather, pitch conditions can affect things in cricket. If you’re betting on specific markets, the pitch condition could affect the outcome of your bet. Make sure to be prepared before making a bet.
Betting on things you are familiar with will build experience and help inform your future selections. On the other hand, diving in headfirst into something you aren’t familiar with is going to make it harder to spot value. Knowing the team, you are betting on well will give you more information to spot favourable odds.
Understanding the format of cricket, you’re betting on is a good starting point for successful betting. The more exposure you have to the sport, the more details you can pick up on.
Turnarounds are cricket’s version of comebacks. They aren’t uncommon, particularly in events staged over multiple days. Understanding the conditions that can facilitate a turnaround is essential when betting.
As with any other sport, keeping a close eye on form and stats is vital for successful betting. If you’re unaware of a team’s form or recent injuries and trends, you won’t have all the information you need to make a well-informed decision.
Live Betting on Cricket – Is it a Good Choice?
Betting on cricket as the action unfolds can be a great way to spice up the action. Live betting allows you to make decisions based on what you’re seeing as it happens, allowing you to cash out on a bet if you feel like it is no longer likely.
Live betting isn’t for everyone as it can consume all your attention. Still, if you are looking for a way to add a bit more excitement to the match, this could certainly be an option.
Is cricket betting legal in India?
Betting in India is a bit of a grey area, but there are a lot of restrictions. The legality of gambling in India varies from state to state, so make sure you know where you stand before betting in India.
Which is the best cricket betting site?
There are a lot of top betting sites that offer cricket markets. The ones mentioned above are some of the top ones, and which suit you best will depend on your individual preferences in a sportsbook platform.
Is it legal to bet on cricket in the UK?
Yes, betting on sports is legal in the UK. You must be over the age of 18, but you are able to bet on cricket. Always make sure to check if your sportsbook is trustworthy and fully licensed before making a deposit and betting.
Are there cricket betting sites in the USA?
Even though cricket isn’t especially popular in the US, you will find cricket betting markets on US sportsbooks.
What are the best IPL cricket betting sites?
The top sportsbooks will offer betting markets for the biggest cricket competitions, including the IPL. You will be able to download a dedicated app with betting odds and rates displayed.
Is live cricket betting easy?
The best cricket betting sites will offer live betting. Online cricket betting and live cricket betting are very different, and neither is necessarily easier.