We know you’ve been waiting for our Gbets.co.za review for a while. Don’t worry, we’ve seen all the emails and requests – it’s just that we wanted to make our breakdown as complete as possible. From the exciting Gbets South Africa promotions to the odds themselves, our team tested this site from top to bottom. We’ve known Gbets for quite a while, but this review process made us appreciate them even more.
It’s always great to see a successful ‘homegrown’ company. And that’s exactly what Gbets is – one of the most experienced sports betting brands in South Africa. In the following sections, you’ll find out exactly what’s keeping them in the business for so long. Whether you’re a rookie looking for a single here and there, or a calculated pro, continue reading. This is an excellent sportsbook we’re talking about today.
- Reliable South African company
- Lots of sports betting bonuses
- Nice set of extra features
- Strong licences – in several countries
- Helpful customer support agents
- No live streaming
- Confusing user interface
Quick Facts About Gbets.co.za
- Owner: Goldrush Group Management (Pty) Ltd
- Location (HQ): Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
- Year of Establishment: 2005
- Odds Provided by: In-house
- Betting Types & Functionalities: Live betting, Outrights, Statistics up to 6+ years back, Quick bet, Advanced filtering, Suggestions, Links to top leagues
- Casino Games: 40+
- Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, OTT Voucher, 1ForYou Voucher, Blu Voucher, Standard Bank, First National Bank, Nedbank, EFT
- Withdrawal Methods: eWallet, Bank transfer, VISA, MasterCard
- Supported Apps: Android
What’s Good About Gbets.co.za?
The South African sports betting market has never been this competitive. Despite strong competition, Gbets.co.za maintains a strong presence. Of course, with bookies at this level, it’s never down to one secret trick or strategy. Instead, we believe that this betting site is so successful because of several factors. Here are the most significant ones:
Advanced Features and Statistics
At Gbets South Africa, you can find any sporting event you want. Not only can you look for markets in the next one, 3, 6, or more hours, but you can also filter by team, country, or even league. On top of this, you can pick from pre-suggested favourites. Once you find what you want, you can add everything to your slip just by clicking Quick bet.
It’s a South African Brand
Yes, foreign betting sites can obtain licenses in South Africa. But does that mean they know the player base better than domestic bookies? Of course not. One of the reasons why this Gbets review is so positive is because the brand is trustworthy. They’ve been on the market since 2005. Since then, they’ve consistently updated their offers to match the competition. And make the players happy, of course.
Very Impressive Sportsbook
The offer itself is a beauty, too. You get round-the-clock coverage for over 30 sports, all featuring various tournaments and levels of competition. Not only is football heavily represented, but you can also try your hand at niche sports and even politics. Combine that with a nice amount of exotic bets, and you have access to constant, detailed action.
What is Bad About Gbets.co.za?
There’s nothing really bad about Gbets South Africa, to be honest. By bad, we mean things that directly prevent you from placing a bet. Of course, there aren’t any such things, but there’s one aspect where this bookie can do a bit better:
Confusing User Interface
While there’s a lot of content on the Gbets homepage, we would like to see the whole thing sorted out a bit better. There’s too many links, boxes, and tables all next to one another, with minimal spacing. Sure, the site is much more modern than before, but the UI still suffers from the same issue. Beginners might take a bit of time to get used to it, but it gets the job done once you learn the ins and outs.
How to Set Up an Account with Gbets.co.za
- Go to the official Gbets website.
- Click Register. It’s one of the two yellow boxes in the header area, right next to Sign In.
- Provide your personal information. Gbets needs this to verify your identity and ensure that the competition on their site is fair.
- Enter your account information. Those are details like email and password which will be used to log in your account later on.
- Confirm. Before you do, double-check all the information to make sure you won’t encounter any problems. Good luck!
Do I Have to Verify My Gbets Account?
Yes, all new Gbets users must verify their accounts before enjoying the full benefits of the site. This is required by the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001, which requires online sportsbooks and casinos to demand Know Your Customer (KYC) documents.
To complete the procedure at Gbets.co.za, just log in. You will see a pop-up with all the necessary information. Follow the instructions and upload your documents in the designated area. In about 48 hours, Gbets will manually review your information and verify your account.
Gbets South Africa Welcome Bonus
Without a doubt, this is one of the most interesting welcome offers on the market. Not only is the whole promo very simple, but it’s also useful, giving you R25 in bonus money. And did we mention it’s completely free, with minimal rules and requirements? That’s right. Here’s what you need to know about the Gbets welcome bonus for South African players:
- This promotion is only reserved for new accounts. So, if you already have one, but haven’t made a deposit, you won’t be eligible for the free bet.
- Once you activate the Gbets free bet bonus, you have 48 hours to use it. If that time passes, and you still haven’t placed a bet, the bonus funds are automatically voided.
- You get a R25 free bet that you can use on any sporting event, but only on markets with odds of 1.50 and higher.
- If the bet wins, the R25 you wagered will not be returned.
- You can withdraw up to R25 if your bet wins. If the bet you’ve placed yields more money, anything above the limit is voided.
- To withdraw your winnings, you just need to place a deposit of R25 or more and wager it just once. No matter how much you’ve won, it takes just a small bet to unlock the funds in your account.
How to Activate and Claim the Bonus?
By now, you can tell that we like how simple everything is at Gbets.co.za. The same goes for claiming the free bet welcome bonus we’ve just talked about. There are no hidden rules or special conditions. So, it makes sense that you can claim this deal in under a minute. Check out how:
- Create an account at Gbets South Africa.
- Verify it. This is very important. Gbets won’t let you claim the bonus unless your identity has been verified according to FICA regulations. Wait for the confirmation if you still haven’t received it yet.
- Log in.
- Click the notification icon. There, you will see all the best Gbets promotions. Select ‘R25 Sports Bet on Sign Up.’
- Read the terms and conditions once again, just to be sure.
- Claim it. That’s pretty much it, congratulations!
Quick Guide to Betting at Gbets.co.za
- Go to the homepage – there, you can pick from 30+ different sports.
- Use the filters to find what you’re looking for – filter sporting events by time, country, popularity, and more to find the best match.
- Click on an event that interests you – once you do this, you will get a full list of available markets, along with extra filters.
- Click the market you want to bet on – it will be immediately added to your Bet Slip, which you can always see on the mid-right side of your screen.
- Add more legs if you want – just use the same clicking approach and markets will be added to form a multi-leg bet.
- Enter your stake and confirm – when the slip is processed and posted, the stake should automatically be deducted from your account balance. And that’s pretty much it, believe it or not.
Do you want to bet like a pro? Here’s a tip you should use at Gbet.co.za – the Statistics page is your best friend. As good as a pair of odds may be, never trust them blindly. Check the stats and compare them to the oddsmakers’ predictions. The numbers will always give you a clear picture of what’s going on.
As important as the things we discussed are, they are just minor ingredients compared to the sportsbook itself. For starters, the variety is unparalleled, as you have this splendid list of sports at your disposal:
- American Football
- Ice Hockey
- Water Polo
- Beach Volleyball
- Motor Sports
- Table Tennis
Gbets South Africa definitely deserves a lot of praise for this level of coverage. This is probably the first time we’ve ever seen petanque, netball, and basketball shots to bet on in SA. On top of these different sports, you also get a very decent number of markets for each event. For instance, matches in League One, the third tier of English football, come with 200+ bets and specials. And this happens consistently, which we love even more.
This is, by all means, a unique combo of depth and variety. We followed the Gbets homepage for several weeks and the level of quality never dipped. That’s why we believe this betting site has what it takes to be your go-to option.
Supported Betting Features
With great bookies like Gbets South Africa, the real crown jewels are not overly visible. Sure, we appreciate that the basics are taken care of. But everyone knows the extra features are the real deal. At this betting site, we believe that these tools have a place in your arsenal:
Casino Section and Live Dealer Games
Like many other online betting sites in South Africa, Gbets also has a casino. What’s impressive is that they are relying solely on one thing – live casino gameplay. With a focus on Evolution game shows and solid Ezugi variations, it gets the job done much better than single-player games. There are more than 40 live dealer tables, so you won’t find yourself short on options.
Fancy a bit of Lucky Six, lotto, or even virtual sports? Not a problem, you can always distract yourself with other parts of the Gbets casino. Sure, there aren’t any slots, but do we really need them so desperately? Our team doesn’t think so, as Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt and Dream Catcher are superior alternatives.
Want to Know More about Gbets South Africa? Read These FAQs
Do I need a document to create a Gbets account?
Yes. According to FICA, all sports bettors must verify their identity before doing anything on the site.
Does Gbets.co.za have a welcome bonus?
All new customers at Gbets.co.za get an R25 free bet. There’s also an R1000 deposit bonus, which makes your payment 100%.
Is Gbets legal in South Africa?
Yes, Gbets is licensed by the National Gaming Board of South Africa, along with 6 different regional regulators.
Can I cash out of my bet at Gbets South Africa?
You can cash out at any time, just as long as your legs have the green dollar sign next to them.
Can I make Gbets voucher deposits at this site?
There are a few voucher brands that can be used.
Are there any casino games at Gbets.co.za?
Gbets.co.za offers 40+ live casino tables, along with a few variants of Lucky Six.
Making Deposits at Gbets South Africa
As this is South Africa’s finest domestic bookie, you already know that there’s no shortage of ways to fund your account. The exact limits vary depending on your choice, so check the site for a bit more information. Regardless, here are your options:
|Time for Deposit
|Time for Withdrawal
|1 - 3 Days
|1 - 3 Days
|1 - 3 Days
|Direct Bank Transfer
|3 - 5 Days
|Up to 24 Hours