In order to make their services more convenient for mobile devices, online bookmakers develop special versions of their websites for smartphones. You can get familiar with the bookmakers that offer mobile sites version in the following ranking we’ve prepared for you.
What are mobile betting websites?
The mobile versions of the bookmaking websites are basically equivalent to the desktop sites, with the only difference being that they are made for smartphones and tablets. The mobile version of a betting website is available whenever you load it through the mobile browser of your device. Once you do that, the website will automatically load and adjust itself, depending on your screen size.
Usually, mobile betting websites have the same options that are available on the full desktop versions. Apart from them, bookmakers also tend to develop mobile applications. The most popular ones include apps for Android and iOS betting apps, both of which need to be downloaded and installed. You don’t need to do this when using the mobile versions because the websites can be opened through the browser of your device. However, while most betting websites offer mobile versions, not all of them have apps.
Do I need to download something in order to use the bookmaker’s mobile versions?
The mobile versions of online bookmakers are developed through special technologies that allow them to load all options that are available to the full versions. In order to use the mobile site, you need a browser with which you can access it. All mobile phones have an integrated browser, so there is no need to download and install anything else.
The fact that you can access the mobile site through your browser means that some of the features of the website could depend on your browser. The bookmaker’s features won’t load properly If the browser is not updated or if it’s not working correctly. That’s why it’s essential to keep your browser updated.
How to get a shortcut to the mobile version of a bookmaker’s website?
In order to access a particular betting website that we use, we first have to open our mobile browser and then enter the bookmaker’s address (URL). The other option is to leave the website in an open tab so that we don’t have to load it all the time. However, we still have to open our mobile browser first. That said, there is one swift and easy way of doing all of this, which we will share with you right now.
Mobile phones give you the opportunity to provide a shortcut to a particular website. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- Open your mobile browser
- Load the website that you bet on
- Select the options menu on your browser which in most cases will be a button with three dots that’s located in the top-right corner
- Select the option to add it to your home screen
- Choose the name of the shortcut and confirm your selection
- Once ready, you will see the shortcut on your home screen, which means that you can access it with just one click
Keep it in mind that this is not a way in which you can download an app for a specific bookmaker, but it will give you easier access to its mobile version. We believe that this will be very useful for you.
What are the system requirements in order to use the mobile betting website versions?
Unlike the mobile betting apps where there are pretty high requirements, that’s not the case here. There are no minimum requirements by any bookmakers, although it’s advisable to use the latest version of your browser. If you load the site using an old version of your mobile browser, it’s pretty likely that some of the features won’t work correctly.
There are also no limits as to what kind of browser you have to use. Our tests are mainly conducted on the most popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, but you can bet using other browsers as well. At the end of the day, if you have any trouble with an app, just use a different one.
Advantages and disadvantages of the mobile betting versions
One of the additional advantages of getting access to the bookmaker’s mobile versions is the option to check the full website version. All you have to do is load the bookmaker’s URL from your browser and find the option to review the desktop version of the website. This will allow you to load the full website version and take a look at it via your mobile device. However, you probably won’t be using it to make bets because it’s not that convenient to use from your phone.
The mobile website versions have their advantages and disadvantages which we will summarize in the following list:
- There is no need to download and install them
- They can open via a shortcut on your browser
- They include all options that are available to the bookmaker’s full version
- The loadings speed and function of the website can depend on the browser you’re using
- The overall navigation on the website is a little bit slower in comparison to what you’d get in an app
- In most cases, you will have to use a fast network connection so that you don’t get any delays
- You can’t set any personal preferences like the ones you can in the mobile apps
Key factors when choosing a bookmaker that has a mobile version
It’s important to pay attention to the operator when choosing a bookmaker that has a mobile version. Get familiar with the betting options and everything else that he has to offer. Once done, you can start analyzing his mobile version while paying attention to the following things:
- Fast loading - the faster a mobile booking website loads, the better it will work. This way, you can place bets with ease.
- Easy and intuitive user interface - it’s important for the mobile version of the website to deliver a convenient design that will allow you to access all menus and section using just a few clicks.
- Betting options - all available games, betting options, and payment methods have to be the same as what you’d get on the full version of the bookmaker’s website. It’s a good idea to check this so that you can have access to all features that you usually use in the full version of the website.
- Reliable website - it’s crucial that the mobile version supports a fully encrypted connection when you use it. After all, you are probably going to deposit and withdrawal money at some point, so it’s up to the bookmaker to secure your personal data.
What are the advantages do the mobile versions have over the betting applications?
The big plus of all mobile betting sites is that they don’t need to be downloaded or installed.
Do all online bookmakers offer mobile betting versions?
Yes, all online betting and game operators offer convenient mobile versions of their websites, unlike iOS and Android apps, which can be found in a few bookmakers.
How to choose a reliable online mobile betting version?
You need to research the bookmaker that you plan to bet on, after which you have to check how his mobile version works, whether it uses a secure connection and whether it offers all options that are available to you on the desktop site.